About GBR Social Sevices
The Social Service department is mandated with taking care of GBR members' needs. It is important to note that while this department is a vast topic, this presentation only deals with a policy around the loss of our members.
This is also showing love for one another in line with our founding scripture. Mathew 22 v 37 - 40 Jesus said to him "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind". This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it "You shall love your neighbor as yourself". On these two commandments hang all the law and the Prophets.
Local Social Services department focusses on the following;
- Visit bereaved family to render support
- Assess any intervention required eg. legal advice, counselling, material needs etc.
- Where necessary, seek help from internal partners from departments such as legal, health and wellness, intercession etc.
- Communicate back to NSSD and GSSD
- Identify effect of loss in the roundtable and put measures to maintain continuity